September 16, 2007 "Courage is the power to let go of the familiar."

I was in search of one quote this afternoon, but happened across this one instead:
"I see my path but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it." ~Rosalia de Castro
In two days I'm embarking on a personal adventure following a prophetic dream and subsequent 'coincidences'. Somehow, despite all the things I've ventured into already...I have surprised myself yet again: Setting off to a place I've never been, without any finite plans or contacts, without any substantial funds, ready to just let the wind be my guide. Hard to believe I was once the 'accounting type' married to my day timer.

Sadly I think I've been fooling myself as well as my friends by saying this trip is merely research and vacation. The fact that I'm going at all is a strong indication of my commitment to this path. It would have to be something pretty significant to change my course now.

I'm nervous, yet excited for what I will learn. I realize now, it's the end result which I fear: The goodbyes...

No comments: